Navigation Pages

Sunday, 15 May 2016

Pamper Night Routine


After a long day at work or school, if your having a bad day, or if you just wanted to treat yourself, every night is a good night to have a pamper night to wind down for the night, de-stress from life and relax. A pamper night is never complete without a variety of skincare and bath products. Today I am going to share with you some of my personal favourite pamper night products that I have collected over the years. Some of the products I have included are quite expensive and can definitely be substituted by cheaper products.

The first thing I find very important about a relaxing pamper night is to put down and turn off all technology. As hard as it is, believe me I understand, it will help relax the mind and stop all distractions from complete relaxation. If you have spent majority of the day on a computer it is very important to give your mind a small break from it if it is an hour or just ten minutes.
But, if you really have to, watch a video or movie or listen to songs that makes you happy and relax you, don't listen/watch something that is mentally draining or distracts you from relaxing, after all relaxing is the main aim of a pamper night.


A pamper night is never complete without a warm bath. Baths are good to relax muscles and overall calm your body. I love to add a bath bomb and some bubbles to make my bath even more special. Having a colourful, scented bath makes life worth living. My favourite bath products are from Lush. I find the lavender scented Twilight bath bomb is the best to help to relax and great before bed. I would avoid sweet smelling bath bombs if your aiming to relax. I crumbled some of the bunch of carrots bubble bar into my bath to create mountain of bubbles as no bath is complete without them.

There are two stages to a pamper night once in the bath; first body care and second face care.


To wash my body I use the Lush shower jelly Nightwing. This is a limited edition halloween product although there are lots of other different scented shower jellies available at LUSH, along with a variety of shower gels, but I find the jellies so much more fun. Once I am all clean I like to use a scrub to exfoliate my skin. I use the Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub. This is the most delicious scrub I have ever smelt, I could quite easily eat it, it smells like Weetbix.
I'm not quite sure what order you are suppose to do these in, do you scrub before you wash or wash before you scrub, please let me know!


Now onto face care, I always begin by washing my face to get all the gross stuff from the day off. I love to use the Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser. It isn't your typical liquid cleanser, it is in a kind of bar for. You just break of a bit and rub it in between your fingers with water and then rub it onto your face. Next to exfoliate, I use the Formula 10.0.6 One Smooth Operator Exfoliator. It has quite large grains so you don't have to rub into the skin too hard to feel like its actually doing something but smells delicious, it has a fruity, berry scent. It is important to exfoliate to clear out all the dirt from inside your pores and clear away any dead skin. Then apply your favourite face mask. I recently purchased the Origins Clay face mask and I am in love, it isn't too harsh or drying on the skin and I feel like it actually makes a difference to my skin. Once you have applied your face mask you can lay back and relax.

After your bath, once you have removed your face mask, it is very important to moisturise to keep your skin hydrated, healthy and smooth. One of my favourite moisturisers to users the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Night Moisturiser. It is quite a thick consistency although absorbs into your skin very fast and is super moisturising.

Once your out of the bath just relax. Watch a movie, read a book or just go to bed. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself and do not do anything stressful. This is your relaxing night, don't let stress take it away from you.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, please let me know what you think in the comments.
HAPPY RELAXING,
SweetBlur xx

No comments:

Post a Comment